Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism palette review

16:34

This is probably super late considering the Prism palette was supposed to be limited edition for the holidays** but I'm posting it anyway.


I got the Prism palette as a Christmas (2017) present from my boyfriend and I think it might actually be my favourite ABH palette so far?? 

As far as the comparisons to Subculture and the drama surrounding that palette, I don't think Prism looks anything like that palette and the shadows definitely perform a million times better than Subculture did.

I've been using the palette almost every single day since I got it and I've only just hit pan on my most used shade (Saturn).

The ABH Prism palette - outer packaging 
The packaging is the same velvet packaging as the Modern Renaissance, Subculture and the new Soft Glam palette - (post on SG coming soon). I personally really like the velvet packaging like it feels really nice and it looks super cute too but it just gets so dirty so fast. While Prism looks so good with black packaging, the black makes it even easier for dust and glitter, etc., to show up on the palette which is annoying but not annoying enough for me to hate it.

I also really like the fact that ABH didn't just print the name of the palette on the front like they've done with their other palettes - I think it makes the palette really stand out as like a special, limited edition thing.

My palette after almost daily use since December 26th (as of March 2018)
The shades are as follows:

Lucid: Duo chrome white gold with pink reflect
Eden: Ultra-matte coral pink
Unity: Ultra-matte nude ochre
Sphinx: Metallic warm bronze
Osiris: Metallic midnight violet with red reflect
Sphere: Ultra-matte electric green-yellow
Obsidian: Ultra-matte deep black
Dimension: Duo chrome silver-grey with pink reflect
Parallel: Ultra-matte truffle
Pyramid: Metallic yellow gold with green reflect
Throne: Metallic blackened blue-green with multicolor reflect
Saturn: Ultra-matte terracotta
Eternal: Metallic violet copper
Lure: Ultra-matte ashy lilac

All of the matte shades are so buttery and soft. You get a lot of pigment and product with just the lightest tap into the shadow pan. They blend out so easily, like, literally a child could do a super blended glam look with this palette.

The shimmers are also very pigmented and soft - even without spraying your brush with setting spray/MAC fix +/etc. 

One shadow I'm not a massive fan of is Lucid. The colour and its reflect are super nice and it comes out very pigmented and blinding when swatched with your finger but it has a very different texture compared to the other shimmer/metallic shades so when you try to pick up product with a brush, it doesn't pick up as much product and it doesn't seem as pigmented. If it was the same texture as the other shimmers/metallics, it would've been a lot better.

For both finger and brush swatches: Lucid on the left and Pyramid on the right
Swatched on my little sisters arm
 Overall, I honestly love this palette. The shadows blend easily and look gorgeous on any skin tone.
I think I would rather have this palette as a permanent product** over Subculture but either way, super glad I was given this.

The Prism palette is available online on the ABH UK site, Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty for £43.

** As far as I have been able to find, Prism was supposed to be limited edition for the holidays but is still currently available. It has been put on sale for £33 recently and you can use a student discount code on it on Beauty Bay. I'm not sure if it will be made permanent at some point or when it'll become unavailable.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images